Christian Silver as a Safe Investment
A portfolio must be diverse. It should include stocks, bonds, deposits, commodities and precious metals. The recent investor flight to precious metals, notably gold and silver, indicates that these two precious metals will now be at the top of all investment strategies for a long time. So, why buy silver or gold at all, why is it considered such a safe haven?
1. In electric appliances (Plasma TVs, mobile phones, computers, washing machines, and more), because silver has the lowest resistivity as compared to other industrial metals.
2. In photovoltaics, because silver is one of the highest reflectors of light.
3. In soldering, because the EU has banned using lead in the soldering process.
4. In medical equipment.
5. In clothing.
6. In other uses like in RFID tags, water purification and in food hygiene.
7. Now, the latest trend is to use nano-silver particles in order to deliver silver ions.